Hi Boardriders Clubs, Surf & SUP Schools
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO YOUR MEMBERS/ NETWORK
For many years there has been a growing need to educate both surfers and parents on the ‘Judging Criteria’ and its implementation. There is no doubt that surfers will surf to their best ability if they have quality judges who understand the criteria, rewarding them appropriately for their ability to surf to the criteria.
Over the past few of years Brad Lee has successfully facilitated ‘Judging Information’ sessions/workshops for Coolum and WindanSea Boardriders, Coolum SHS & Coolum SLSC.
With many of us having neither the time nor finances to sit their official International Judging & Officiating Course, attendance at a Judging Information session/workshop will certainly assist those attending, with a sound understanding of the current judging criteria and its application across surfing.
This 3 hour ‘Judging Information’ session/workshop is open to all Boardriders Clubs members of all ages, Surf/SUP School Coaches, as well as parents/friends who are interested in gaining a better understanding of ‘judging’. The following topics will be covered at each Judging Information sessions, including;
• An overview of the judging Criteria
• Using the 10 point scale to judge a heat
• Differentiating between major, minor & quality manoeuvres
• Attributes required to be a good judge
• Common errors made by inexperienced judges
• Basics behind the interference rules
• Practice judging from real & recently run events in Queensland
Session cost is $10 p/head and can be booked on-line (via link below). For more information and/or secure your place at one of the up-coming Judging Information sessions on the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, visit;
1. Wednesday, 24 February – Sunshine Coast (6 to 9pm) – https://www.surfingaustralia.com/states/qld/events/boardrider-club-judging-information-session-sunshine-coast
2. Wednesday, 9 March – Gold Coast (6 to 9pm) – https://www.surfingaustralia.com/states/qld/events/boardrider-clubs-judging-information-session-gold-coast
If you would like to discuss further, contact Brad Lee. Brad’s details are noted below;
Sunshine Coast Elite Surf Coaching
Bachelor of Education
Level II Surf Coach
Level III Surf Judge
0417 234 766