Club Champion Criteria
Here is a insight to how we Qualify and Conduct for Club Champion
Club Championship Qualification
- Surfers with the most points after the September comp. from the following divisions
- Open, Open Women’s, O40’s, O50’s, O55’s, Fossils
- Max 6 person heats.
- If a surfer qualifies from more than 1 division, the 6th spot in the championship heats will go to the point’s leader from the Open Logger division. That surfer will be required to ride a logger board.
- If more than 6 surfers from the divisions qualify for the championship heats, the club’s committee and contest directors will decide the finalists for the club championship heats
Club Championship Criteria
- Heats will be surfed over the October and November comp days.
- Depending on conditions, 1 or 2 heats surfed each comp day.
- Club championship can be decided by the results of 1 heat.
- If there is a tie after the heats, both surfers are declared joint club champions. OR the club championship will be decided by a countback of points accumulated during the season. (most points – most heat wins – most heat 2nd )
- If no heats are surfed during the Oct and Nov comps, the club championship will be decided by a countback of points accumulated during the season. (most points – most heat wins – most heat 2nd )