Follow this link to check out a gallery of images from Fun in the Sun 2014.
There will be more photos coming.
The results from the 2014 Fun in the Sun team challenge are up on the website. Check them out by following this link. Photos will be posted in the gallery over the next few days. Congratulations to The Five Skins from The Alexandra Headland Malibu Club – a well deserved win!
With 18 teams registered again this year, it’s shaping up to be a fantastic weekend of good times.
The location for this year’s event will be Ann St, Currimundi (properly known as Ballinger Beach – located at the end of Buderim St, Battery Hill).
Forecast: SE winds on Saturday swinging to light easterlies on Sunday with a slim chance of a shower or two.
The good news is that hopefully this southerly change will see some swell build overnight and we will have some fun waves for the weekend.
- 50 min heats
- Max 3 waves per surfer
- Best 2 waves per surfer count for overall team score
- One surfer score double points for one wave. (Indicated by raising crossed arms above their head at the completion of wave)
- Water start for first surfer
- Tag to take place on beach/rocks (depending on conditions)
Find out what time your team is surfing below:
It’s time to get your teams together for this year’s Fun in the Sun challenge, on the weekend of 19 – 20 October. (October comp day is Sunday 13th)
Don’t leave it to the last minute to enter your team.
The entry form is available here for what is a great weekend of surfing and fun.
The organising committee has been working really hard. It takes lots of planning for these event to run smoothly, and it takes a lot work on the weekend of the event to make that happen. So if you can spend a little time helping out, that would be much appreciated.
More info as it gets closer.
Entries are now open for the 2013 Fun In The Sun teams challenge, to be held on the weekend of 19-20 October.
It costs $40 per person to enter, with a closing date of October 15.
Download the entry forms here and start getting your teams together.
The club point scores have been updated following last week’s August comp day.
Check out the Pointscores link to see where you are sitting.
August is a busy month.
This Thursday Aug 8 is the AGM for the club. Starts 7pm at the clubhouse in Short St, Golden Beach.
You’ll get: the President’s report for the past year, presentation of the financial statement for 2012-2013, election of 2013-2014 office bearers for the club, a general meeting and, most importantly, free drinks.
This Sunday Aug 11 is our August comp day. More valuable points are up for grabs in the race for this year’s trophies.
And Friday 16, Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 is our North Shore camping trip.
Hope you can make these events.
Following June’s comp day, the latest point scores are now up
Sorry about the delay, folks – I have been OS.
As in past years our club supports the Alex Mal Club’s Hayden Winter Classic and will pay for one division entry per family membership. Financial members only, of course.
Things you need to do:-
1. Log on to the Alex website and print out an entry form.
2. Return the entry form to John Marsh ASAP.
– Drop it in John’s letterbox, please telephone him on 0407 137 879 for his address.
– Mail it to Caloundra Malibu Club, PO Box 105 Moffat Beach 4551.
– Bring it along to our next comp day on the 19th May.
– Scan & email it to John.
3. Please also send John Marsh an email: email@example.com confirming your entry. He is sending regular emails to the Alex Contest Director letting them know the names and divisions of our members.
4. It needs to be all finalised by our next comp day on the 19th May. That way we can organise one payment to the Alex Club.
Competitors, please note when completing your entry form, you may only surf in one main division, however you may also choose a specialty event (retro single fin/logger/old mal) in addition to your division. If you do choose to surf in a division plus a specialty event, you will be required to pay the $60 for the specialty event yourself. Please make sure you bring this $60 to our next comp day. See the entry form for further information.
Any queries contact or leave a message on John’s mobile 0407 137879.